Monday, December 7, 2009

June Cleaver?

I love to bake and cook. If you know me well I've probably fed you at one point in time (whether it be forced or willingly). I don't have a kitchen of my own, but it is something I dream of in the future. [Insert dreamy gaze upward here]

But who says you can't get your dream piece by piece, little by little, cookie by cookie??

With these few things, all I would need is a vacuum and some bright red lipstick and I would be well on my way to naming my kid something rodent-esque like Squirrel.

I think I would put a simple hand mixer to much more use than a $500 stand mixer, especially with the little space available to me right now. It doesn't have to be anything fancy (really, you don't need 9 speeds!) but I DO want something that will last.












Ashley and Caryn would always tell me in high school, "Take a chill pill, Jill." It's funny cause there's 3 words back-to-back that rhyme. What's NOT funny is not having anything to chill my delicious, fresh outta the oven, cookies. They can't just take a pill. It doesn't work that way. I'd love a good cooling rack for the little darlings.



Did June ever bake shapeless cookies? Cookies that resembled the outline of Oklahoma more-so than a circular drop of heaven? Nope. Clearly she had a little help, and Iknow exactly what she was using. A cookie scoop.
Of course, nonstick pans would always be a welcome addition to the dream in progress.
Hey, I found a vacuum!!

No comments: