Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dedicated to You

I've loved it SOOO much out here in Big Sky so far. It's been a terrific experience because of these two:

I'm with my favorite people ever, Shawn and Alli. I can't say enough great things about Shawn. He's so patient, considerate, and always thinks before he speaks (a quality I need a little work on). Alli always makes a positive impact on your day. She's smiley, funny, and altruistically caring (to her dog, friends, and family). I'm so lucky to be around one or both of them 90% of my day!

I am not without a pining heart, however.
I miss making lefse with my mom and dad. That is a tradition I hope to enjoy for years and years to come. I miss playing games of around the world with my uncle Duke in the shop. I miss cross-country skiing on the farm with Karley and Robby. I miss doing Lily's make-up, or at least admiring the artwork she does on her own face. Laughing with Heidi & Sam about things Lily does/says is something I yearn for almost on a daily basis!
My mother's generosity in general is something that hasn't diminished since moving 800 miles away from her. She's played an ESSENTIAL role in my acceptance to the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. A million blog-posts could not express how thankful I am for Mom.
I miss my dad's radiant demeanor. My siblings and I's non-stop smile is definitely a combined effect of my father and mother's contagious grins. My dad is the ultimate definition of ingenuity. He's a go-getter, a problem solver, and a man who walks with the Lord. He's a funny guy and someone that loves to laugh. I hope I've attained a bit of each of those qualities from him!

1 comment:

Karley Ann said...

ahhhh... you miss us. I would miss us too! :) Can't wait to see you in February!