Thursday, January 26, 2012

Some sleep for thought...

This week I've made it a point to get to bed much earlier than usual. It took some mental pep-talk, but I was snuggled up by 9:30 the last 2 nights (which is counter intuitive since it takes a MAJOR mental pep-talk to drag myself OUT of bed in the morning. What gives??!).

Some things I've noted in my self experimentation:
1) I'm more awake all day long. Duh, but it had to be said.
2) I pay attention really well in class. Last week, I couldn't bring myself to hone in on the lecture for more than 3 minutes at a time. But this week I'm like an band eagle focused on a little mouse in the brush. You can't shake me mouse. I'm onto you.
p.s.-one of my pet peeves is that movies and tv shows make people believe that eagles make that powerful shrieking sound, when they most certainly do not.
Exhbit A. The sound they would have you believe to be a bald eagle:

Exhibit B. The actual sound of our country's symbol. I hear this quite often in the morning from the baldies eating their fish out of the mighty Mississip'.

3) I was gonna say I'm not easily distracted...but I thing this blog might state otherwise.

No comments: